Varieties of hosting solutions
A hosting solution pertains to saving and/or sharing given content on a web server run by a hosting provider. There are different kinds of hosting services utilized for different purposes, so let's have a glimpse at these. Thus, you can determine what you need, based on whether you desire to launch a blog, e-mails, or to share files with buddies and associates.
- File hosting: a solution distributed by some providers, which enables you to share bulky files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived files, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole function is to share files, since it does not support website uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to see an inventory of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to load .html or .php website files in your browser. Free file storage packages are often supported by exhibiting advertisements next to the download links, while a timer compels you to await a certain span of time to perceive them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you run a paid file hosting package, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no restriction as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
These days, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting providers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modish "cloud hosting". This is a completely awry explanation of the actual connotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting platform would allocate the workload between autonomous bunches of servers in a cluster, which are committed to serving different webspace hosting services (email, web space, stats, DNS, databases, web hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is simply a sort of a disk storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; given firms provide a hosting solution for pictures only. This hosting variant is suitable if you want to share a great quantity of images with friends or partners since the service is generally free of charge. You will receive a randomly generated link for each picture or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be used for websites.
- Email hosting: a service committed to administering your e-mail address accounts. Some suppliers offer web space hosting solutions for web sites, but do not provide an email hosting service. If you desire to have a mail address with your domain name but do not want to keep a website, then the email hosting solution is what you want. You can open email address accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The e-mail hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a given video file, or you can embed the video clip in your website that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of utilizing this method instead of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video clip creates a certain amount of CPU load, so with a couple of video clips and a few hundred web site viewers, you may have a hard time with your web space hosting reserves. Embedding the video file will permit you to manage as many video clips as you would like without hassling about system resources.
- Web site hosting: this is the solution that you require if you wish to run a site. To a certain extent, it encompasses all of the abovementioned hosting varieties since, along with your websites, you can also host pics and files, you can set up databases and email addresses, upload videos, and so on. At Lizzdmc Productions LLC, for example, you can take a peek at web hosting and dedicated web server hosting packages that allow you to get all of the abovementioned services in one single location. There may be limits depending on the kind of hosting service that you've picked - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your site hosting plan may be better or worse in comparison with the conventional e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are planned for particular web content solely.